Friday, November 19, 2010

Here's a paradox

Being a parent of four year old twins, today being Saturday and with a husband who is normally at cricket on Saturday afternoons, I asked my father to look after my kids and give me the afternoon off. My purpose was to write, for an extended period.

It is now 2.13pm. My husband's cricket game was cancelled (the opposing team forfeited in terror), we had a long family lunch, my dad sat for an hour, waiting for the kids to be ready, and the happy little group is only just walking out the front door.

I am finally able to confront my computer, conjuring up the instant creativity that necessarily must be behind any writing I manage to get written, in the various slices of time I get.

I've decided that now is the time and not to lose anymore time going out to my fortnightly writing group later this afternoon (a different kind of day might have seen a different result).

Here's a paradox: missing my writing group so that I can spend the time at home, writing. I hope the outcome will be brilliant!

No comments: