Thursday, October 2, 2008

road trip

I have now attempted and survived part one of my first proper road trip with twin 2 year olds and no other adults. It was a hot day, the airconditioning in the car went on the blink, I missed a turn off early in the trip but recovered nicely, there were assorted roadworks and a traffic snarl on the freeway ... my girls had two episodes of insistent crying (Erin) and ear-piercing squealing (Lily) but none of these things ruined the sense of achievement having brought us all safely up to Port Stephens to visit my brother.
The girls are now asleep (finally) in their cousin's bed. I will have to go soon and move them to another mattress so I can take the bed. I'm bone-tired and, pride and all that notwithstanding, I think I should opt for sleep and let tomorrow offer new scope for suburban greatness.

No comments: